Our Purpose Statement
God has called Cornerstone Family Church to be a Bright Light in the Metroplex. As servants of Jesus Christ, we seek to know God personally, to worship Him as He desires, to grow together to maturity, to equip His family to do His work, and to share His love throughout the world.
What We Believe
- In the verbal inspiration of both the Old and New Testaments.
- In one Eternal God revealed in three persons.
- That Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh, born of a virgin by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life and that His crucifixion made provision for sinful men to be brought into fellowship with God.
- In the bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ where He sits at the right hand of God interceding for the saints.
- In the visible, bodily return of Jesus Christ to the earth to judge the world.
- In the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Godhead and that His ministry and gifts that were present in the Bible are for us today.
- In the realty of Satan and Hell for the unregenerate.
- That man in his natural state is a sinner, lost and without hope of access to God except through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That because of the blood of Jesus Christ, salvation comes through repentance from sin and a total submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and that salvation is by grace and not by works.
- That water baptism by total immersion is commanded to those who would follow Jesus Christ with a good conscience.
- That believers should seek to practice the separated life from the world and to Christ.
- That divine healing was provided in the Atonement and may be appropriated by laying on of the hands of the elders or of other believers.
- That Church membership is a serious commitment between the leadership and the member, where the leadership provides spiritual oversight and protection and the member responds with a spirit of cooperation and submission in the Lord.